There are two ways to do this:
- Using rs command
- Setting the DB properties
Using the rs command:
Step 1: Save the following in a text file and save it as ‘EnableRemoteErrors.rss’.
Public Sub Main()
Dim P As New [Property]()
P.Name = “EnableRemoteErrors”
P.Value = True
Dim Properties(0) As [Property]
Properties(0) = P
Console.WriteLine(“Remote errors enabled.”)
Catch SE As SoapException
Step 2: Now open the command prompt and point to the rss file location (Start -> Run -> Cmd)
Step 3: Now run the rss file using the rs command, as shown below:
rs -i EnableRemoteErrors.rss -s http://servername/ReportServer
[Replace the ‘ReportServer’ with your report server name]
Setting the DB properties:
This option is simple and direct. Except for the fact that you need the Management Studio.
- Start Management Studio and connect to a report server instance.
- Right-click the report server node, and select Properties.
- Click Advanced to open the properties page.
- In EnableRemoteErrors, select True.
- Click OK.
Hope this was helpful